Campaign for a Healthier New Jersey (Syringe Access)
- Stories from the Movement
- New Jersey Syringe Access Program Information
- Over the Counter Syringe Sale Poster
- Over the Counter Syringe Sale Poster (Spanish)
- Over the Counter Syringe Sale Palm Card
- Over the Counter Syringe Sale Palm Card (Spanish)
- Syringe Access Questions and Answers
Expanding access to sterile syringes is a crucial facet of drug policy reform and unquestionably a matter of life and death, as one-third of all AIDS cases in the U.S. are attributable to injection drug use. The need for expanded access is further cemented by the fact that very scientific, medical and profession body to study the issue has concluded that access to sterile syringes reduces the spread of blood-borne diseases and does not increase drug use.
Since its establishment in 2003, the Campaign for a Healthier New Jersey has successfully advocated for several critical, life-saving measures designed to combat the spread of blood-borne diseases. Learn more about syringe access and these victories here.