Did you know that accidental drug overdose causes more deaths in Illinois-and across the nation-than traffic fatalities?
Please join us to:
- Remember those we have lost to overdose
- Honor those who have displayed courage by talking about the impact overdose has had on their lives and on their communities
- Raise awareness about the heroin and pain pill epidemics
- Hear impacted mothers, fathers, friends tell their story of how overdose impacted them
- Meet others who have been affected by the Illinois overdose crisis
- Work to provide lifesaving solutions
- End overdose by 2022
Who Should Attend?
Anyone directly impacted by overdose, the heroin crisis or pain pill crisis; individuals in recovery, treatment providers; students; first responders, heath care providers; teachers; preventionists; heath educators; community members.
Remember that everyone voice makes a difference!
Location: 1400 Roosevelt Blvd, Schaumberg IL; Campus Rotunda