How does your state measure up when it comes to establishing policies that reduce the harms of both drug use and drug prohibition?
Does the state permit access to clean syringes for people who inject drugs?
Does the state have legal naloxone distribution to prevent overdose deaths?
Does the state have a 911 Good Samaritan law?
Does the state have legal methadone access?
Are marijuana possession and use legal for medical purposes?
Is there a government-regulated distribution system for medical marijuana?
More information on medical marijuana:
- Arizona Medical Marijuana Program
- Medical Marijuana Draft Rules
- Text of Proposition 203, AZ's medical marijuana initiative
- Dispensaries in AZ this Summer?
What are the criminal penalties for marijuana possession?
How many people are arrested for a drug offense each year?
What are the racial disparities in arrest rates?
Total population (2010): white: 73.0%, black: 4.1%.
Arrests: 84.7% white, 10.8% black.
What happens to people’s voting rights when they become part of the criminal justice system?
- Automatic voting restoration upon completion of sentence and payment of all fines for first-time, single felony offenders. Second time felony offenders may apply for restoration with their county after completion of their sentence.