Ways to Give a Tax-deductible Donation
The Drug Policy Alliance is a 501c3 private, non-profit organization. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our work to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies based on science, compassion, health and human rights. Your support is crucial - thank you!
Gifts to the Drug Policy Alliance are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Maximize your gift by donating stock
The benefits of a stock donation are two-fold: not only is the contribution tax-deductible—which would also be the case with a check—but you pay no capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock.
For example, if you were to contribute stock, bonds or mutual funds currently worth $2,500 – that had been purchased years ago for $500 – the full $2,500 would be tax-deductible and you would pay no tax on the $2,000 gain.
To donate stocks or bonds, please inform your broker that our investment account is with:
Pershing LLC / Citi Personal Wealth Management
New York, NY 10019
DTC #: 0443
Account Name: Drug Policy Alliance
Account #: C32-043-504
If you need the full account number contact Dennis Lee at (212) 489-3246.
Because electronic stock transfers are made without identifying the donor, please call Ellen Flenniken at (212) 613-8043 or email eflenniken [at] drugpolicy [dot] org to advise about the stock and number of shares you plan to give.
Other Ways to Give
- Donate by phone: Call 212-613-8031.
Donate by postal mail: Checks or money orders should be made out to the Drug Policy Alliance. Please mail to:
The Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd Street, 15th floor
New York, NY 10001
- Donate with Bitcoin. Please contact Andrew Edgar, Membership Coordinator, at aedgar [at] drugpolicy [dot] org if you have any questions.
- Political Donation: You can make a donation to DPA's partner organization, Drug Policy Action, in support of lobbying efforts. Note that donations to Drug Policy Action are not tax-deductible.
- Put DPA in Your Will or Estate Plan: Find out more about The Ashawna Hailey Planned Giving Society, DPA’s planned giving group.
- Honor, Memorial, and Tribute Gifts: Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Please contact Andrew Edgar, Membership Coordinator, at aedgar [at] drugpolicy [dot] org to make your gift.
- Wire Transfers: If you would like to make a wire transfer please contact Ellen Flenniken, Managing Director, Development, at (212) 613-8043 or eflenniken [at] drugpolicy [dot] org.
View a copy of DPA's IRS Form 990.
DPA’s Tax ID# is 52-1516692
Make the Most of Your Gift!
Thousands of U.S. companies match their employee's donations to particular charities. Is your workplace one of them? You can make your donation to the Drug Policy Alliance go even further by designating the Alliance for a matching gift from your company. Check with your company's matching gift department to determine if the Drug Policy Alliance meets your company's matching gift guidelines. Or contact the Alliance at (212) 613-8043 or membership [at] drugpolicy [dot] org and we'll find out for you.
For more information, please contact Ellen Flenniken at 212-613-8043.