Ways to Give a Tax-deductible Donation
The Drug Policy Alliance is a 501c3 private, non-profit organization. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our work to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies based on science, compassion, health and human rights. Your support is crucial - thank you!
Gifts to the Drug Policy Alliance are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Donate online.
- Donate by phone: Call 212-613-8031.
Donate by postal mail: Checks or money orders should be made out to the Drug Policy Alliance. Please mail to:
The Drug Policy Alliance
131 West 33rd Street, 15th floor
New York, NY 10001
- DPA’s Tax ID# is 52-1516692
Other Ways to Give
- Political Donation: You can make a donation to DPA's partner organization, Drug Policy Action, in support of lobbying efforts. Note that donations to Drug Policy Action are not tax-deductible.
- Put DPA in Your Will or Estate Plan: Find out more about The Ashawna Hailey Planned Giving Society, DPA’s planned giving group.
- Honor, Memorial, and Tribute Gifts: Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone.
- Give a Gift of Membership: Give a DPA membership as a gift.
- Wire Transfers: If you would like to make a wire transfer please contact Clovis Thorn, Managing Director, Development, at (212) 613-8046 or cthorn [at] drugpolicy [dot] org.
Donate Stocks or Bonds: Notify your broker that our investment account is with:
Pershing LLC / Citi Personal Wealth Management1748 BroadwayNew York, NY 10019DTC #: 0443Account Name: Drug Policy AllianceIf you need the full account number contact Dennis Lee at (212) 489-3246.
- View a copy of DPA's IRS Form 990.
Make the Most of Your Gift!
Thousands of U.S. companies match their employee's donations to particular charities. Is your workplace one of them? You can make your donation to the Drug Policy Alliance go even further by designating the Alliance for a matching gift from your company. Check with your company's matching gift department to determine if the Drug Policy Alliance meets your company's matching gift guidelines. Or contact the Alliance at (212) 613-8046 or membership [at] drugpolicy [dot] org and we'll find out for you.
For more information, please contact Clovis Thorn at 212-613-8046.